The Village Hall, which is a timber framed building, started life in 1890 as a Mission Room and venue for religious services. It has been cared for and maintained by the local community for over 100 years and new facilities added.
A disabled toilet was added some years ago and 2012 saw the completion of new general toilet facilities.
In 2013 with the aid of a grant from Derbyshire County Council a new kitchen extension was added and the Stage Door re-instated.
The new kitchen with its commercial dishwasher is a marvellous addition to the facilities of the Hall which is used regularly by community groups and for private parties.
2015 Saw the addition of new stage curtains and lights followed by complete interior re-decoration.
2016 Substantial repairs to the wooden planking one one side of the Hall and re-building of floor supports which had settled over time.
Complete external re-decoration
2017 Installation of new eco friendly heating system